Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I can't make this stuff up

Tuesday afternoon. I'm trying to call the bank. They called me Friday to say that they needed a copy of my registration (I took out an auto loan and so they are listed on the title as the lien holder) with the mileage on it because it wasn't on the one they have. OR SOMETHING. Whatevs. Anyway, I had finally gotten the registration, scanned it and made it a PDF. I was trying to call them back to see if I could just email it to them.

Me: (Ring, ring.)

Bank: "Hi, this is Name."

Me: "Hi, this is Lucy Last Name. You called last week about my auto loan."

Bank: "That's correct."

Me: "Okay, I have a copy of my registration like you needed and I've made it into a PDF. Could I just email it to you? What's your email address?"

Bank: "No, no, no. We need a copy of your title."

Me: (confuzzled) "I don't have my title. You're the lien holder. You should have it."

Bank: "No, the state of Kansas retains the title. We need a copy of your title or registration to complete the information. Do you have the title?"

Me: (you just told me that Kansas retains the title!) "No, I do not have a copy of the title. What I do have is a receipt. I just had to renew my tags this month so I have the receipt from that. Can I email it to you? What's your email address?"

Bank: "No, no, no. We need the title. You do not have a copy of it, correct?"

Me: (YOU JUST TOLD ME THE THAT KANSAS RETAINS THE TITLE) "No, I do not."

Bank: "Well, do you have the registration?"

Me: (GOOD. LORD. Are you on crack?) "YES, I have the registration. I have scanned it and converted it into a PDF on my computer. It's ready to go."

Bank: "Why don't you email it, then?"

Me: (speaking just a little slower than I really need to) "Because. I. Need. Your. Email. Address."

Face, meet palm.

No comments:

Post a Comment