Monday, January 23, 2012

The strike is over! We beat 'em!

Okay, there was really no strike, but I'm morally obligated to quote Newsies as much as possible.

Success! Netflix seems to be mostly back to normal, showing 74 pages worth of subtitled content (up from 17 pages last week).

I don't know if our emails and calls and tweets and blog posts had anything to do with it or not but regardless, it would be a good idea, after all of that, to say, "Thank you." There are two sides to the advocacy coin: asking for help and appreciating it when it's offered. So often, we master the first but don't give the second any thought.

If you'd like to thank Netflix and show your support for subtitled and captioned content, here's how you can contact them:


Submit an email through the Contact Public Relations form
Call them at 1-866-501-1604
Follow and send tweets to @netflix@netflixhelps and @neilhunt


I should say more eloquent things now but that cold I've been expecting for over a week has finally made an appearance so I'm going wallow and (thanks to Netflix!) watch old episodes of Ugly Betty.

Are you back on the Netflix bandwagon? Hit up the comments below!

1 comment:

  1. I suffer from tinnitus in Fort Myers, FL. It has come on because of my military days. It makes it hard for me to hear, I'm glad that this strike is over.

    ReplyDelete