Friday, October 22, 2010

Feel Good Friday - The Nicest Man Ever



Feel Good Friday is hosted by The Girl Next Door Grows Up. Check out her blog for more Feel Good Fridays!


I love surprises. And I love presents. And I got an awesome surprise present this week from The Nicest Man Ever, as my co-workers and I call him. I mean, what other moniker can we give someone who brings his crockpot to work and makes us a chocolate lava cake before we moved to another floor? Anyway, The Nicest Man Ever is also an accomplished pumpkin carver and we witnessed his fine handiwork on some uh-mazing jack-o-lanterns at last year's Halloween party, which we held for the kids, of course, and where we ate a lot of candy, also for the kids. Naturally.

This year, though, there's no party. No raffle. No candy (sob!). And, I thought, no jack-o-lanterns. Sad day. Until The Nicest Man Ever showed up at my cube this week with a consolation prize:



Erm. Apparently I need to learn how to use a camera. Here it is with the flash on:



(Does anyone else see the irony in the open Bible? Because werewolves are obviously the first thing to leap to mind when I'm thinking about Jesus. Obviously.)

Yes, friends, now you know my dirty little secret. I did read Eclipse. And Twilight. And New Moon. And Breaking Dawn. And yes, I did remember all of those titles off the top of my head. I didn't even have to ask the Google for help, that's how bad it is. And I may or may not have professed allegiance to Team Edward at one point. But you know what, whatever. I won't make fun of your boy wizard if you don't mention my sparkling vampires, mk?

Now that I've come out of the Twilight closet, isn't the jack-o-lantern adorrrrable? I love the detail - especially the "Eclipse" text at the bottom - and am touched by the thought that went into it. There's nothing like the warm fuzzies of knowing someone was thinking of you, is there? I hope you have a The Nicest Man (or Woman) Ever in your life, too!

Happy Friday!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE THE PUMPKIN!!! My daughters loved the books and movies. Vampires and Werewolves are not my thing but the nicest guy in the world is a true artist!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a fan of either the books or movies...but I love your pumpkin, very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That's amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE it! My daughter and I read the series and saw the movies this summer and we are Team Edward! I never imagined that I would like any of it... until I read and saw them and now!! Woo Hoo I can't wait for Breaking Dawn to come out!!!
    And yes, he is the nicest man ever :-)

    ReplyDelete