Monday, January 11, 2010

Feelin' phone-y

Random fact of the day: I have peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for breakfast. Breakfast of champions or lunch of 4-year-olds? Discuss.

Hearing aids: I had phone issues today at work. I have a CapTel phone at work and while I LOVE it and the freedom it affords, I still hate talking on the phone... but I am finding that a lot of hearing people don't like it, either, so I know I'm not alone there. Anyway, I've never been able to get straight how to dial out. Is it 9+number? 9+1+number? What about area codes? I always have the worst luck and can never seem to figure it out so I just give up.

So today I turned to AT&T Relay online. They have this cool new feature that lets me use the Relay online though IM. So I did that. Definitely slower than using the CapTel but at least I didn't have to talk on the phone.

One of the things I wish I could do is talk on the phone. I mean, just whip out a cell phone and chat with someone about nothing. When I was younger - and I mean like 8 or 9 - I thought that was the epitome of coolness, to lay on your bed with your big hair and corded phone and gab away. A little part of me would still like to do that. Sans big hair and corded phone, of course. ;)

In other news: My brother's getting married in June, I'm a bridesmaid, so I've got a date with the elliptical machine tomorrow after work. WIN for having a gym at our office.

I'm tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment