Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Weight of glory

Random fact of the day: Chipotle sauce is spicy. You knew this. I, however, am a slow learner and can't seem to wrap my head around the fact that Chipotle, the restaurant, does not have to be spicy, but chipotle, the sauce in my Panera sandwich today, IS. I was almost in tears after the third bite.

Hearing aids: I'm getting tired of this Netflix thing. I wrote a rough draft of a letter, plan to revise it and get some signatures this week (or next, really. The weather forecast isn't looking too promising).

My life really is not all about being hard of hearing. It is the filter through which I view everything. The decisions I make about where to go and when to run errands and how long I stay somewhere and what I watch, just to name a few, are made with hearing loss in mind. But sometimes I get tired of thinking about it (which is probably why I love TV so much... it's a great way to escape for a bit!) Because even though I made this blog to vent and share what life is like when you wear hearing aids, that's not all there is to me and it's not all there is to this life.

The sermon passage at church on Sunday was from 2 Corinthians 4 and I'm thankful for the reminder of verses 17-18: "For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal."

Hearing aids are transient. Thanks be to God.

In other news: More snow. "Yay," she said flatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment