Friday, January 8, 2010

Jelly spine!

I'm bored of the old blog format, so I'm just going to write freestyle. We'll see what happens.

I'm really glad I have a day job because I suck at advocating. I heard back from ABC, they asked me a bunch of questions about my captioning habits, I replied saying that the captions through the digital converter box are weak at best and non-existent during some primetime shows. But it went downhill when I said that the captions I turn on through my TV menu work just fine, so of course, now they think everything's hunky-dory when it isn't. Fail - for both me and ABC.

It's a fine line I walk between not wanting to rock the boat and well, wanting to rock the boat. I want to stand up for justice but I don't want to make a ruckus. I want equal access but I don't want to draw attention to myself. I am tired of just taking whatever I can get... but how do I stand up for myself gracefully and respectfully?

No comments:

Post a Comment