Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sometimes I make myself go

Random fact of the day: I really love mint Milanos. I may or may not have polished off a whole package since Thursday. Don't judge me, it was a holiday. Things will go back to normal, food consumption wise, this week. Or next.

Hearing Aids: I went to lunch today with my brother, his fiancee and three other people. Let me tell you, I don't do things like that often but sometimes I make myself do it for the social interaction, however limited it might be. Sharing a meal with a group - and that was a pretty small group - is hard sometimes. I've tried for years and I don't think there's any one ideal spot for me to sit in to be able to see everyone and be part of the conversation. Bless my future sister-in-law, though. She was sitting next to me and was kind enough to converse with me a little and try to clue me in when I looked confused. Generally, though, lunch went as it always did, trying to follow the two or three conversations going on at once (impossible), laugh when everyone else does (even though I don't know what's funny) and try to think of something to contribute (I think I asked one question once). I still left not getting everything but after being by myself all weekend, it was good to be around people for a change, if for no other reason than to remind me that you know, there is a world out there and no, it doesn't revolve around me or my clean apartment. :)

In other news: I have bar stools now! From Ikea! For free! I have nice friends!

1 comment: